As a public defender, she represents adolescents, the indigent, and the mentally ill.
She was one of the first female graduates from Virginia Military Institute.
She created the Foundation for Foster and Orphan Children and is a foster parent herself.
How Close is this Race?
Clinton won district 2 by 15.9 points in 2016. The incumbent Republican decided not to run again. The replacement is an ultra conservative candidate who worked for the Koch Brothers.
November 2016 Presidential Race
2013 House of Delegates Race
Why this Race Matters most:
Jennifer Foy is working on behalf of the citizens of District 2. With the incumbent Republican not running and a majority Democratic electorate, this race has a strong chance of having a Democrat elected, if Democrats show up to the polls.
Why Democrat Jennifer Carroll Foy?
- She wants to strengthen education by reducing classroom size, make early childhood education available for everyone, and increase teacher pay.
- She will protect women’s rights, access to health care, and equal pay for all women. Progress that has been made is under fire by the Republicans.
- Transportation will be her priority; extending the Metro to Potomac Mills, extending HOV lanes of I-95, and improve secondary roads in our area.
Why NOT Republican Laquan Austion?
- After researching for policy positions, it is clear Laquan is not articulating his policy positions.
- He is deeply religious and culturally conservative and does not agree with government “handouts”.
- He associates with extremely conservative groups that are trying to change legislation against taxes and women’s rights.
Side by Side on Key Policy Issues:
|Democrat Position||Republican Position|
|Reinvest in our schools to remain competitive and prepare the future generation. Increase teacher salaries. Champion for early childhood education.||Against Federal involvement. Wants to leverage technology to create and expand access to general education and technical training. Wants parent “tailored” education for each child.|
|Women’s rights||Equal pay for women and access to health care for all.||Supports Heritage for America which wants to defund Planned Parenthood|
|Transportation||Extend the metro into Prince William County; fight for greater Virginia Department of Transportation funds to extend HOV lanes and improve secondary roads in our area.||Collaboration, better planning, technological solutions (such as traffic management software from the company he works for).|