Asburn/Loudoun County DC Metro
During the 23 years that David served as a Naval Intelligence officer, he was awarded the distinguished Navy Commendation Medal 3 times. David grew up in the United Methodist Children’s Home in Richmond, where earning 35 cents an hour taught him the value of a hard-earned dollar and the importance of hard work. David has lived in Ashburn for 17 years; his daughters went to public schools there. He is a soccer coach for the community teams.
How Close is this Race?
Clinton won District 32 by 19 percentage points in 2016 with a very strong Democratic showing! The incumbent Republican is a strong fiscal and social conservative who votes on the far right. He only won his last election by 1138 votes. It’s time to elect a Democrat who represents the views of the majority.
November 2016 Presidential Race
2013 House of Delegates Race
Why this Race Matters most:
It’s time to move forward with positive change: improve transportation for Northern Virginia, strengthen education, grow the economy with green energy jobs, expand Medicaid to bring federal dollars to Virginia, and support women’s reproductive rights. With a strong majority Democratic electorate, this race has a great chance of electing Democrat David Reid, as long as Democrats show up to the polls.
Why Democrat David Reid?
- David will focus on improving transportation for Northern Virginia with ideas such as common sense “distance-based” pricing for the Dulles Freeway.
- David will advocate for energy independence and protecting the environment and help create new, high-tech energy jobs.
- David will advocate for reassessing the funding formulas so Loudoun County gets back its fair share for our needs in transportation, education, and public safety. We send $1 to Richmond but only get back 30 cents.
Why NOT Republican Incumbent TAG Greason?
- Greason has consistently voted against Medicaid expansion. That means that VA has lost billions of dollars of federal funding and lost thousands of new jobs that would have been created.
- Greason has voted to make it more difficult for ordinary citizens to vote by increasing voting requirements and paperwork.
- Greason is endorsed by the NRA and votes for the positions favored by them.
Side by Side on Key Policy Issues:
|Democrat Position||Republican Position|
|David supports the expansion of Medicaid for over 400,000 Virginians. The expansion would bring $2 Billion per year of federal money to the State.||Greason has voted with all other Republicans against Medicaid expansion every year.|
|Women’s rights and women’s health||David believes a woman has the right to make decisions about her health and body without interference from the state.||Greason has sponsored and supported many bills against women’s rights: (1) to limit a woman’s right to choose (2) to defund Planned Parenthood and (3) to prevent poor women from receiving federal money for some contraceptives.|
|Preventable gun violence||David supports gun safety measures to include: universal background checks, mental health checks, and restrictions on convicted domestic abusers.||Greason has repeatedly voted against common sense gun safety bills.|