Jennifer Carroll Foy
As a public defender, she represents adolescents, the indigent, and the mentally ill.
She was one of the first female graduates from Virginia Military Institute.
She created the Foundation for Foster and Orphan Children and is a foster parent herself.
How Close is this Race?
Clinton won district 2 by 15.9 points in 2016. The incumbent Republican decided not to run again. The replacement is an ultra conservative candidate who worked for the Koch Brothers.
November 2016 Presidential Race
2013 House of Delegates Race
Why this Race Matters most:
Jennifer Foy is working on behalf of the citizens of District 2. With the incumbent Republican not running and a majority Democratic electorate, this race has a strong chance of having a Democrat elected, if Democrats show up to the polls.
Why Democrat Jennifer Carroll Foy?
- She wants to strengthen education by reducing classroom size, make early childhood education available for everyone, and increase teacher pay.
- She will protect women’s rights, access to health care, and equal pay for all women. Progress that has been made is under fire by the Republicans.
- Transportation will be her priority; extending the Metro to Potomac Mills, extending HOV lanes of I-95, and improve secondary roads in our area.
Why NOT Republican Michael Makee?
- After researching for policy positions, it is clear Michael is not articulating his policy positions.
- He is a very recent transplant to HD2 and has stated he has limited knowledge of the issues of local government.
- He is the Treasurer of the Stafford County Republican Committee which has a platform of anti-choice, cutting government spending, and against Medicaid expansion and the jobs that would bring to the state.
Side by Side on Key Policy Issues:
|Democrat Position||Republican Position|
|Reinvest in our schools to remain competitive and prepare the future generation. Increase teacher salaries. Champion for early childhood education.||Wants to cut government spending.|
|Women’s rights||Equal pay for women and access to health care for all.||Unknown but supports Stafford County Republican platform which is against a woman’s right to make her own healthcare choices.|
|Transportation||Extend the metro into Prince William County; fight for greater Virginia Department of Transportation funds to extend HOV lanes and improve secondary roads in our area.||Plans to “work to solve our transportation problems” without providing details besides wanting to cut government spending.|