State Legislatures Are KEY
Our State 2022
Voter Facing Media Content
Campaigns are welcome to use our material.
Our ISSUE Reports AND MEDIA bundles
Read here for our latest in-depth research reports supporting Democratic state district campaigns.
THWARTING THE WILL OF VOTERS
Republican legislators have ignored the will of Arizonans on a number of issues. Among those issues are the minimum wage, school funding, ease of voting, the ability of localities to tighten rules where appropriate, and the initiative process itself. This has been going on for a long time. Even the voter-initiated Arizona Voter Protection Act―passed in 1998―has not deterred Republicans; they have repeatedly ignored its provisions.
BACKSLIDING ON POLICE REFORM IN ARIZONA
The Republican-controlled Arizona legislature has voted down bills intended to increase police accountability and instead has passed bills further shielding police officers and departments from oversight and accountability. So, while most of the country is moving forward on police reform and addressing racist and excessive use of force, Arizona has been backsliding to even further shield police officers accused of unnecessary violence against the public they are supposed to serve.
REPUBLICANS SUPPRESS VOTING AND SILENCE CITIZENS
Local Majority Works to Help Democrats Win!
Here's a summary of what Local Majority has done in the last 5 years.
We have done AMAZING WORK with your help!
- Worked in 10 states in 5 years
- Closely supported 92 candidates and 54 of them won!!
- Gave our papers to over 300 more candidates.
- Wrote 155 papers and talking points for most of them!
- Did 917 digital ads that got 9.4 million views! 1-7% click throughs!
- 135 Media bundles were sent out to a targeted audience with approximately 800,000 views!
- Raised $145,000 for candidates in 2020.
- Sent 12 billboards through 32 districts.
- Wrote over 71,000 postcards.
- Created FB, Twitter and Instagram accounts and kept current postings!!
- Raised $445,805.75 over 5 years and 3 months!!!
Did all of this with about 45 volunteers over the years!!
Good Things Happen When Democrats Win!
Case study: Virginia 2019
Democrats win Trifecta in State Government: Governor, House of Delegates, and State Senate
In two years, Democrats have passed:
- Voting rights bills to make access to voting easier and prevent discrimination.
- Climate change bills to eliminate coal-burning plants, expand renewables and electric vehicles, and create jobs in clean energy.
- Worker protection bills to increase the minimum wage and protect workers from underpayment.
- Equal Rights Amendment to guarantee equal legal rights regardless of sex, becoming the 38th and final state needed for ratification to amend the US Constitution.
- Education bills to increase funding to schools and teachers and make community college free for low- and middle-income students.
- Gun protection bills with mandatory background checks, red flag law removing weapons from people deemed a threat, and limits on the quantities of guns buyable each month.
- Criminal justice reform, abolishing the death penalty, legalizing marijuana, and reforming the police.
- Civil rights bills to repeal 100 outdated, discriminatory bills including the ban on gay marriage.
Let’s make sure that Democrats stay in control next year for more needed reforms.
Vote for Democrats in 2021 and 2022!
Please SUPPORT OUR WORK
We're working hard in Arizona for 2022 to help rebuild the Blue Wall & flip the Arizona state house and senate Blue in November 2022.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO LOCAL MAJORITY.
It's All AboutSaving our Democracy
It's time to flip the country BLUE.
Help us take back state legislatures in November.
BLUE IN 2022!
Multiply your Vote with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Join Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Local Majority and volunteer at
At Mobilize.us, you can find numerous volunteer activities such as talking to voters, texting, writing letters, or phone banking opportunities. Many allow you to help out right from your home.
Our Democracy is at stake as well as our Healthcare and Human Rights.