State Legislatures Are KEY
Good Things Happen When Democrats Win!
Case study: Virginia 2019
Democrats win Trifecta in State Government: Governor, House of Delegates, and State Senate
In two years, Democrats have passed:
- Voting rights bills to make access to voting easier and prevent discrimination.
- Climate change bills to eliminate coal-burning plants, expand renewables and electric vehicles, and create jobs in clean energy.
- Worker protection bills to increase the minimum wage and protect workers from underpayment.
- Equal Rights Amendment to guarantee equal legal rights regardless of sex, becoming the 38th and final state needed for ratification to amend the US Constitution.
- Education bills to increase funding to schools and teachers and make community college free for low- and middle-income students.
- Gun protection bills with mandatory background checks, red flag law removing weapons from people deemed a threat, and limits on the quantities of guns buyable each month.
- Criminal justice reform, abolishing the death penalty, legalizing marijuana, and reforming the police.
- Civil rights bills to repeal 100 outdated, discriminatory bills including the ban on gay marriage.
Let’s make sure that Democrats stay in control next year for more needed reforms.
Vote for Democrats in 2021 and 2022!
Our State 2021
Our ISSUE Reports AND MEDIA bundles
Read here for our latest in-depth research reports supporting Democratic state district campaigns.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE BUNDLE
Virginia Democrats are working to make communities safer by reforming the criminal justice system. Since the Democrats gained control of Virginia’s General Assembly in 2019, they have undertaken major criminal justice reforms. During the legislative sessions of 2020 and 2021, the General Assembly, with both the House and Senate under Democratic control for the first time since 1993, passed more than 20 criminal-justice reform bills.
Visit our Criminal Justice page for our Issue Report and Talking Points and for numerous creative assets to use in your social media feeds:
LABOR UNIONS IN VIRGINIA
In 2020, Democrats in the House of Delegates and Senate passed a number of progressive-oriented measures to expand voting rights, provide some sensible regulation on gun ownership, and guarantee a minimum wage increase. But in the area of labor unions, Democratic progress was tentative, limited to permitting (but not requiring) local authorities to engage in collective bargaining with unions representing public employees. Anti-worker right-to-work remains the law of the state and public employees continue to be banned from striking even if represented by a union.
WORKER MISCLASSIFICATION IN VIRGINIA
Workers in the U.S. are taken advantage of by being inaccurately labeled as independent contractors instead of as employees. The default classification for workers is to be employees; only if specific criteria are met can a worker be an independent contractor. Misclassified workers are generally paid less and lose many worker protections. Worker misclassification is a widespread problem in Virginia that harms workers, compliant businesses and the revenue streams of government. Thanks to the more worker-friendly Democratic-controlled general Assembly, Virginia workers now have more protections against unscrupulous employers.
Please SUPPORT OUR WORK
We're already working hard Virginia for 2021 and in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Arizona again to help rebuild the Blue Wall & flip state legislatures Blue in November 2022.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO LOCAL MAJORITY.
Our States 2022
It’s All AboutSaving our Democracy
It's time to flip the country BLUE.
Help us take back state legislatures in November.
BLUE IN 2021 and 2022!
Multiply your Vote with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Join Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Local Majority and volunteer at
At MultiplyYourVote.org, you can find numerous volunteer activities such as talking to voters, texting, writing letters, or phone banking opportunities. Many allow you to help out right from your home .
Our Democracy is at stake as well as our Healthcare and Human Rights.