State Legislatures Are KEY
Our State 2024
Primary Election: August 6, 2024 (6 a.m. to 7 p.m)
Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration: July 8, 2024
Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you: July 26, 2024. Your request must be received by your local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m.
Return ballot by August 6, 2024
General Election: November 5, 2024 (6 a.m. to 7 p.m)
Last day to register to vote Service Arizona: Friday, October 7, 2024, at 11:59 PM
Request a Ballot by mail: Ballot-by-Mail Login (arizona.vote)
If mailing your Ballot-by-Mail, be sure to send at least by October 29, 2024 so it arrives on time and you can track it online.
The last day to drop off your ballot-by-mail: Nov 5, 2024, by 7 PM at your local polling or drop off location.
Our ISSUE Reports AND MEDIA bundles
Read here for our latest in-depth research reports supporting Democratic state district campaigns.
BIRTH CONTROL BANS
Making birth control widely available is an obvious strategy for decreasing the number of abortions.
That is, unless you are a Republican. In fact, the opposite is occurring: some Republicans are trying to
limit access to birth control. Unsurprisingly, this is not happening in blue states. In Virginia, the Democratic-controlled Senate currently provides a backstop against this kind of legislation.
However, should Republicans in Virginia take control of both legislative bodies after the 2023 elections, Virginians should not be surprised to find that they also face limits on access to some types of birth control.
LGBTQ+ Guide: Democrats Want all Virginians to Feel Safe and Welcome
On June 6, 2023, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) declared a national emergency for members of the LGBTQ+ community, following an “unprecedented and dangerous spike in anti-LGBTQ+ legislative assaults sweeping state houses this year.”
Currently, the HRC is tracking a record number of over 525 anti-LGBTQ+ bills across U.S state houses including Virginia’s. In 2023, Virginia’s Republican legislators introduced 12 anti-LGBTQ+ bills and passed 2 anti-LBGTQ+ bills in the General Assembly.
Virginians have the opportunity in the 2023 election to advance the Commonwealth forward to create a future in which all people feel welcome and safe to authentically participate in every aspect of society by voting for Democrats.
Read our report for complete details at this link:
REPUBLICANS SUPPRESS VOTING AND SILENCE CITIZENS
Then, in 2021, Republicans won a slim majority of seats in the Virginia House of Delegates and a Republican was elected governor. Since then, they have dedicated themselves to reversing that restoration of democracy. Republicans have passed bill after bill in the House which would restrict voting, again particularly aimed at historically marginalized groups. Even some Senate Republicans have proposed bills to chip away at voting rights. Democrats in the state Senate have blocked every one of those proposed bills.
Local Majority Works to Help Democrats Win!
Here's a summary of what Local Majority has done in the last 5 years.
We have done AMAZING WORK with your help!
- Worked in 10 states in 5 years
- Closely supported 92 candidates and 54 of them won!!
- Gave our papers to over 300 more candidates.
- Wrote 155 papers and talking points for most of them!
- Did 917 digital ads that got 9.4 million views! 1-7% click throughs!
- 135 Media bundles were sent out to a targeted audience with approximately 800,000 views!
- Raised $145,000 for candidates in 2020.
- Sent 12 billboards through 32 districts.
- Wrote over 71,000 postcards.
- Created FB, Twitter and Instagram accounts and kept current postings!!
- Raised $445,805.75 over 5 years and 3 months!!!
Did all of this with about 45 volunteers over the years!!
Good Things Happen When Democrats Win!
Case study: Virginia 2019
Democrats win Trifecta in State Government: Governor, House of Delegates, and State Senate
In two years, Democrats have passed:
- Voting rights bills to make access to voting easier and prevent discrimination.
- Climate change bills to eliminate coal-burning plants, expand renewables and electric vehicles, and create jobs in clean energy.
- Worker protection bills to increase the minimum wage and protect workers from underpayment.
- Equal Rights Amendment to guarantee equal legal rights regardless of sex, becoming the 38th and final state needed for ratification to amend the US Constitution.
- Education bills to increase funding to schools and teachers and make community college free for low- and middle-income students.
- Gun protection bills with mandatory background checks, red flag law removing weapons from people deemed a threat, and limits on the quantities of guns buyable each month.
- Criminal justice reform, abolishing the death penalty, legalizing marijuana, and reforming the police.
- Civil rights bills to repeal 100 outdated, discriminatory bills including the ban on gay marriage.
Let’s make sure that Democrats stay in control next year for more needed reforms.
Vote for Democrats in 2021 and 2022!
Please SUPPORT OUR WORK
We're working hard in Arizona for 2022 to help rebuild the Blue Wall & flip the Arizona state house and senate Blue in November 2022.
PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION TO LOCAL MAJORITY.
It's All AboutSaving our Democracy
It's time to flip the country BLUE.
Help us take back state legislatures in November.
BLUE IN 2022!
GET OFF YOUR DONKEY AND TAKE ACTION!
Multiply your Vote with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Join Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Local Majority and volunteer at
At Mobilize.us, you can find numerous volunteer activities such as talking to voters, texting, writing letters, or phone banking opportunities. Many allow you to help out right from your home.
Our Democracy is at stake as well as our Healthcare and Human Rights.